
Judging by all the snow we recently received from mother nature, winter is definitely here. To celebrate the season - and we all know kids love snow - we took advantage of all the snow on the ground and painted it.Firstly, I shoveled snow into aluminum cake pans. This way each child had their own "snow cake" to work on.
Next I gave the children paint in paper cups, diluted with water. They also received spray bottles with red, green, blue, and yellow food coloring and water. This way they were able to paint the snow as well as use the spray bottles to spray effects on it.

The children had SO much fun painting the snow. And surprisingly, the mess was minimal. Unfortunately, I had to tell most of the children they were not allowed to take their painting home, because the snow would melt in the car. So they also learned a bit of science as well.This class was a great success! And the children's paintings were amazing!






No comments:
Post a Comment